A treasure trove of the sometimes logical and sometimes mindless ramblings of a woman in the throws of motherhood.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

keep Going...

Blessings abound...even in the midst of troubled times.  I have found this to be true so many times during the last few months.  I am at peace with our current situation.  Granted, that doesn't mean I like it, but I am at peace.  I don't find myself questioning why it happened.  What good is that really?  It's not going to change anything and finding out the human WHY might make me spend too much time with one of the enemy's greatest weapons:  WHAT IF.  It all boils down to this:  God is in control...and I'm not.  Even in my weakest moments of distress and deep longing to be settled somewhere (really, I'm not picky at this point), I look around and see blessing after blessing after blessing.  God's abundant provision is EVERYWHERE.

One of these greatest blessings is my children.  They keep me going whether I want to or not.  They are little comedians that live among us and provide much needed comedic relief.  Here are a few of their latest antics:

Genevieve:  "Mommy, I'm so sweaty.  I'm hotter than a girl in church." (point of reference: "The Princess & the Frog")

Carter:  "I've got to do my exercises and work off all of that playing outside."

Dawson:  "Be careful...that is scalljing hot!"

There are so many more!  These moments are always provided at just the right time to lighten the mood and lift our spirits.
"Our mouths were filled with laughter...The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy." Psalm 126:2a,3

No comments: