A treasure trove of the sometimes logical and sometimes mindless ramblings of a woman in the throws of motherhood.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

the Waiting game....

I've been thinking about how much I wait, lately. Everywhere I go...the grocery store, Target, Wal-Mart, the gas station, restaurants, the doctors office, the bank...I have to wait in some sort of line. I often wonder if God gets amused with us. Does the earth look like one big queue line to Him?

This "train of thought" has been brought on by our current family status. We are on the "vulnerable to move" list. This means, for all my civilian readers, that we are expecting new orders to come down from the Air Force. We have been told that we should receive them by late February or early March. So, any day now, we will be told where the next phase of our life is to take place.

My husband and I both feel completely frozen. We can't do anything (pack or put our house on the market) until we get our orders. We are nervous and we are excited. It is like a perpetual Christmas Eve...an agonizingly slow WAIT.

But, I am reminded of the scripture in Isaiah 40:31:
"But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint."
So, I am not fainting, but flying around my queue with eagles wings.

No comments: