A treasure trove of the sometimes logical and sometimes mindless ramblings of a woman in the throws of motherhood.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

my little Girl turns 4...

Genevieve just had her 4th birthday.  What a day that was!  I did learn a valuable lesson though...don't make kids wait until the afternoon to open their presents!  It's just unnecessary torture!

Everything was "Strawberry Shortcake" themed this year.  And, in keeping with tradition, I made her birthday cake.

There were many presents...

Blowing out of candles...

And much celebrating...
I just cannot believe that I have come to her last year of staying home.  Next year it will be back-to-school clothes, backpacks, lunch boxes and meeting teachers.  She is very excited about all of those things.  But for one more year, she is mine and mine alone.  And I am going to absolutely cherish every moment of her being just my baby.


No comments: