A treasure trove of the sometimes logical and sometimes mindless ramblings of a woman in the throws of motherhood.

Friday, August 20, 2010

turning 10...

Dawson just had his 10th birthday...yes, I said 10!  Believe me, no one is more astonished than I am!  So many things changed on that August day 10 years ago...a child was born, a mother was born and a family was begun.  This feels like such a monumental moment as I look around the bend and see the man, that  my child will be, standing before me.  What an amazing gift to be a mother...to birth these children into the world and watch them grow.

Dawson...10 years of loving you, laughing with you, teaching you, watching you grow (and growing myself), being in awe of you...Precious boy...Happy Birthday!!


Just a little side note:  We did not buy Dawson this DSi for his birthday.  He saved up $100 for a whole year, because he wanted one.  Both sets of grandparents gave him a combined $70 for his birthday, so he was able to purchase it on his actual birthday.  He has been so proud of how he saved and waited.  That DSi means more to him because he worked hard for it...Dave Ramsey would be proud!

1 comment:

III said...

Dave Ramsey IS proud. Great parenting. And job well done, Dawson!