A treasure trove of the sometimes logical and sometimes mindless ramblings of a woman in the throws of motherhood.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Silent No More...

It has been way too long since my last post, but with the events of the last 3 months I guess that is to be expected.  I know some of you have been waiting for this post...and in some ways, so have I.  But, I think it may be different than anyone, including myself, expected.

To say that the last 3 months have been a journey would be an understatement!  But you know...I wouldn't trade them for anything in this world, because that journey has brought me closer to the One who really matters.  So, this is probably where you are expecting me to talk about the specific catalyst that brought all of this on...that earth-shattering event that changed my life.  And, a few months ago, I thought that this post would be all about that; but, this is where I am taking you and myself to that unexpected place.  If you know me at all, you probably already know what has taken place in my life and if not...feel free to ask...I'm not ashamed or trying to hide the facts.  I have just learned so many things through this experience and that is what I want to share with you. 

1. "God is sweet like that!"  My friend Laurie coined that phrase and I have learned that to be true!  God cares about me...and we're not talking about just the BIG things in life, but even down to the smallest detail.  Not 5 minutes after David came home with our "news", my friend Karen called me.  She said, "I just felt like I needed to call you."  Every time I have been anxious, He has done something THAT day to lift my spirit and calm my fear.  God is so mighty and yet He so tenderly and sweetly cares for His children.
"Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you." I Peter 5:7
"How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!" I John 3:1

2. He's got it!  I have to admit...I have been slightly deluded.  Get this...I actually thought I was in charge of my life.  Oh, I "knew" about the concept of God being in control, but...you know...I'm here...He's there..."really God, I've got this."  Boy, did He have my number!  Beth Moore tells the story about her beloved pointer dog that would go into full point every time he saw a squirrel, while she and her husband, Keith, were out for a walk.  Keith would have to pick the rather large dog up, turn him 180 degrees and then they could continue.  I feel like that is what God has done in my life.  I was fully pointed one direction and God has picked  me up and completely turned me around.  He used a very unconventional method, but make no mistake...it was God that was behind it all!
"The lot is cast into the lap, but its every decision is from the Lord." Proverbs 16:33
"Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure." Psalm 16: 5

3. There is One greater!  The very foundation of my life has been shaken to it's core in the last few months and yet I am still standing.  But I am here to tell you that it is NOT because of me.  There is One that is greater than me...greater than anything that this world can throw at us.  We are not alone!  "Every time you're in a tight fist of fear, remember you're in something much tighter." (Beth Moore) Isaiah 49:16 says, "See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands."  God is holding us so tightly that we leave a mark on His hands!!  That doesn't mean that my situation stops being scary...there are times I still fall to my face in tears begging for resolution...but that means that there is One that cares and loves me and has the power to see me through.
"Be strong.  Take courage.  Don't be intimidated.  Don't give them a second thought because God, your God, is striding ahead of you.  He's right there with you.  He won't let you down; He won't leave you." Deuteronomy 31:6

So, there you go...everything I learned in 3 tidy points.  I am a minister's wife, after all.  All joking aside, there are too many things to list that I have learned and experienced...that would take another blog and an entire lifetime to complete.  Plus, if I know anything about God, this is just the tip of the iceberg.  I'm going to be pulling life lessons out of this experience for awhile.  Here is what I know for certain...I am here "for such a time as this" and I am ready to reach out and touch the golden scepter of my King and accept the destiny that He has in store for me.  "And if I perish, I perish." (Esther 4:16)

2 comments:

Gram said...

Beautifully written, Julie. Keep holding onto those strong hands at the ends of the everlasting arms! Many of us "back home" are praying for you and your precious family.

His Song to Sing said...

I've been eagerly awaiting this post, dear little sister. I knew when you finally decided to speak it would be all about Him!

Praying you will keep your eyes on Him as His plan comes together for your family. I know that's what you desire, but I also know The Distractor will do everything he can to discourage you.

He is "Mighty to Save"!! Love you!