A treasure trove of the sometimes logical and sometimes mindless ramblings of a woman in the throws of motherhood.

Friday, January 28, 2011

Toothless...

As I said in my last post, the past 3 months have been very busy and full of lots of life changes.  One of those includes my youngest son, Carter, loosing 4 teeth.  Yes...4 teeth!!  He has pulled them all by himself, with no help from either parent.  That is a HUGE feat coming from our worry-wart child.  He was afraid to pull them and afraid that he would swallow them in his sleep at the same time.  Needless to say, the Tooth Fairy has been very busy coming and going from our house.  We even heard a rumor that she had to take a second job to pay for all the teeth!!  
Out comes the first tooth.  He was so proud of this moment.  I however, felt the brevity of the moment...one giant step away from childhood.
Then 12 days later...out came the second tooth!  For the time, whole apples where a thing of the past.
During Christmas break from school, he lost both of his front top teeth.  The last one came out the night before my parents left to go back to Florida, so they got to experience this big event with him.  We, of course, could not help but sing, "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth, my two front teeth, my two front teeth..."  He endured it well and looked absolutely adorable doing so.  There is just nothing like a snaggle-tooth grin.  I think it's a sweet gift from God.  A brief glimpse of their "baby-ness"... before they have a mouth full of too big teeth that remind us of the bittersweet journey of growing up that is ahead.

No comments: