A treasure trove of the sometimes logical and sometimes mindless ramblings of a woman in the throws of motherhood.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

fall...

Yesterday was the first day of Fall. It is my favorite day of the entire year. I feel like I am standing on the precipice of the most delightful time of the year. I love the fall season. I like fall because it is full of all the sights, smells and sounds that I love the most. The weather gets crisp and family draws closer together. It is a time of harvest, reflection and thankfulness...a time to delight in our inner child and connect with those who mean the most. I've met some people who do not like the fall, because it reminds them of death. Even though the earth is entering the death phase of it's yearly cycle, I love that God chose to make this one of the most breathtakingly beautiful seasons of the year. It reminds me of the scripture,

"Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints."Psalm 116:15

Besides, this isn't the end...new life is just an eyeblink away.

2 comments:

III said...

Awwww, I'd have to disagree just a little bit. We're not on the precipice of the most delightful time of the year... THIS is the best time of year! I just wrote over on my blog tonight how my favorite smell is that VERY first day of cooler weather all the way through the day. No humidity. Relief! I'm still waiting for it.

Autumn rocks!

Julie said...

I know...I love that cool weather smell!! You don't get a blue sky like we had today, except for in the fall. I think that this is the best time of the year! I only feel like the first day of autumn is the precipice...today we took the full plunge. Thanks for all your comments...they encourage me to keep blogging.