A treasure trove of the sometimes logical and sometimes mindless ramblings of a woman in the throws of motherhood.

Tuesday, September 09, 2008


the power of the Dark side...

We went to Target today after Dawson got out of school. That normally incites much excitement from my children, but today it reached epic proportions. You see, my children have been waiting patiently for the Halloween merchandise to be put out on the shelves. I know a lot of Christians have mixed feeling about Halloween; but at our house, it is a fun time to dress up and overindulge in family and candy.

My boys have known for a month what they want to dress up as for Halloween. So, we decided to go ahead and get the costumes, while the selection was good. Carter had been squealing and jumping up and down each aisle, but his volume reached decibels that are not fit for human ears when he spotted his Darth Vader mask. My mother asked him to calm down and he said,

"Well, I'll think about it..."
(then pulling on the mask)

"...but you don't know the power of the Dark Side."

No comments: