A treasure trove of the sometimes logical and sometimes mindless ramblings of a woman in the throws of motherhood.

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Infinite possibilities...

I have had this blog for 3 years and I have never posted a thing. Writer's block, busy life, procrastination...any of these are "valid" reasons. I've had a desire to post, but never really known where to start. As I sit here now, looking at the blank screen, I am waiting for something creative or profound to hit me like a bolt of lighting. No sparks, but I am struck by the thought of infinite possibilities. Instead of getting blocked in by perfectionism, I should simply start and let my thoughts take on a life of their own. They don't always have to be deep or profound or even perfect. They just have to be.

When our children are born into this world, we don't expect them to come out waxing philosophical. We just expect them to be ours and grow into themselves. Isn't that what Christ has called us to? A life of being what He has called us to be. He knows we won't always be profound or deep or perfect. But He wants us always to be His. When we get blocked in by what we think we should be, we miss all of the infinite possibilities that He has for our lives.

So, it is with that imperfect vision that I start my blog. I am simply going to let it be and see where it goes. Thanks for going on the ride with me.

3 comments:

Jeff said...

Great! Glad to see you back in the blogoshpere, sis!

Looking forward to great things...

Jeff

Happy Mom said...

Hi Julie! Thanks for the link :-) I've got a blog with about 2 posts on it, too, so I know the feeling... It will be fun to check in with you here.

Heather

Sheri McKeand said...

Well, my sweet daughter, I think you HAVE started out profoundly accurate in your representation of motherhood. You know I'm your biggest fan and I look forward to hearing your thoughts. I love you.