A treasure trove of the sometimes logical and sometimes mindless ramblings of a woman in the throws of motherhood.

Friday, September 12, 2008

family...

David arrived back home yesterday. It was a truly joyous day. The kids were absolutely beside themselves to have their Daddy back. Once we got home, they wanted to show him every toy they've ever owned and tell him every thought they've ever had. It was really sweet. I found myself feeling like I wanted to do the same thing. I had to remind myself that he is here to stay for awhile and that, Lord willing, there will be plenty of time to catch up.

As happy as I am to have him home, I find myself feeling nostalgic for the summer. I don't think I fully realized what the children and I had accomplished until he stepped back into the picture. We really survived a difficult time and I will never look at them or myself the same again. I think that we are better for the experience. I am so grateful for their warrior hearts!! We realized that we can survive without Daddy here, but that we don't want to be without him. Family is such a gift and a privilege and we should never take one moment with them for granted.

Please take a moment today and tell your family how special they are to you; or better yet, show them!

3 comments:

Jeff said...

Yay!!! :-)

III said...

There's a warm, encouraging metaphor in there for Christ & us.

I'm so happy for you guys :)

Bob, Sarah, and Miriam Logsdon said...

Welcome home, David! So glad for you and the kids, Julie.