A treasure trove of the sometimes logical and sometimes mindless ramblings of a woman in the throws of motherhood.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Family camp...

I am not what you would call an outdoor girl. Don't get me wrong...I enjoy being outside (evening on the porch or on a porch swing is the best!), but I do not like to be hot or to sweat. I was the little girl, who when sent outside to play, would stand at the sliding glass door with just my nose stuck inside so I could breathe the cold air.

As I am emerging from the baby making years, I am again open to trying and experiencing new things. I want my children not to be bound by their neuroses, or mine for that matter. It is with that heartfelt conviction that I went camping this weekend. We loaded up our 3 kids and headed off to Defuniak Springs and the Boy Scout Camp Family Weekend.

Overall, it was a fun weekend. The weather was perfect. Cool day...warm sun...even colder night. We all slept huddled together in our new tent...smelling like smoke and dirt...but blissfully together. The only draw back to the entire weekend was a visit from my special friend (not a good time to be without indoor plumbing). We came away better for having gone...more cemented as a family...and appreciative for our nice, warm beds.


Craft time...

Our new tent...it has 3 rooms!

Genevieve & Daddy at the bonfire.

Me & my boys.

No comments: