A treasure trove of the sometimes logical and sometimes mindless ramblings of a woman in the throws of motherhood.

Thursday, October 09, 2008

moment with God...

I had an interesting experience today. I was working in the kitchen and I was playing through my mind all the events of my illness this past summer. When I am not feeling really good and I have a moment that is what I do...try to figure it out and solve the puzzle. Well, today, I realized that I was just getting wound around the axle and letting worry and anxiety overtake me. So, I stopped right there in my kitchen and cried out to God to help me stop the "noisy dialogue" in my head. I had this amazing tingle overtake my whole body and I felt as if someone was physically supporting me. I have no doubt that the Spirit of my precious Heavenly Father provided immediate comfort and help. I've had a lot of experiences like that this summer: phone calls from David in the desert at a moment when I was wishing I could talk to him...a friend offering to help in some way...a fellow church family providing a meal...physical moments of peace and comfort, stamina and strength to get through circumstances and days I didn't think were possible to endure. God has been showing me His constant presence through all of the suffering and trails. I've learned through all of it to look for Him in every moment, because He is there. I once heard a wonderful quote: "There are no coincidences for those that seek the Lord." "Every good and perfect gift comes from above"...we just have to open our eyes and be a willing recipient.

No comments: