A treasure trove of the sometimes logical and sometimes mindless ramblings of a woman in the throws of motherhood.

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

What is it with Wednesdays?

I feel like the biggest good-for-nothing on Wednesdays. I just want to stay home all day, in my pj's with a greasy face and uncombed hair. Today is no exception. Here it is 2:30 in the afternoon and I am doing everything I can to avoid taking a shower. It's the same every week. I don't know why... Is it just human nature because it is the middle of the week and I've already put in 2 long, hard work days or is it Satan trying to keep me from going to church with a grateful attitude? I don't know if anybody else fights this... Maybe that's why someone a long time ago, in their infinite wisdom, thought Wednesday church services were a good idea. Maybe they struggled with the same thing and realized that's when they needed the time with fellow Christians the most. But, that is the constant human condition; running and struggling from the things that are the best for us and that we need the most. So, as soon as I post this entry, I'm going to go get cleaned up...physically and spiritually. Have a great mid-week service. And if you don't normally go...check it out. It might turn out to be just what you needed.

No comments: