A treasure trove of the sometimes logical and sometimes mindless ramblings of a woman in the throws of motherhood.

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

"stay shoe"...

Genevieve wanted to cuddle on my lap yesterday after I got her dressed. After a few minutes, I tried to get up, but she started fussing and saying no. I needed to get ready, so we could meet my Mother to run some errands. So I told her, "We can't go see Grandmommy if I don't get a shower. Let Mommy up." She looked at me and said, "No. I stay shoe." It took me a minute to realize that she was saying, "I stay with you." Well...who can resist that!! So, I stayed with her for a few more minutes until she was ready to get up.

I was really struck by how sweet her comment was and thought how much I should be like her. I should be curling up in my heavenly Father's lap and telling him, "I want to stay with you." It reminded me of the scripture from Ruth:
16 But Ruth replied, "Don't urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. 17 Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the LORD deal with me, be it ever so severely, if anything but death separates you and me." Ruth 1: 16-17

Those moments holding our children are precious, but greater are those moments when we are held by our Father.

1 comment:

III said...

Nice illustration pull there! I like it. I'll have to file that away.